Badminton Shoes Buying Guide
Badminton Shoes – what are the key things to look for when choosing?
- Shoe Support
- Comfort & Fitting
- How lightweight they are
- What Player level the shoes are intended for
- Shoe Durability
- How it looks
A number of the above aspects we try to answer for you in our product performance bars, giving you an understanding of both support and what player level the shoes are intended for.
1. Shoe Support
In our opinion probably the most underappreciated aspect of choosing badminton shoes. Look at the amount of players our there that need knee supports later on in life! Why is this often the case....well usually its because of either bad technique or poor footwear.
You can see on all our Badminton Shoe pages, the level of support the shoe offers is graded, use this as a guide.
2. Comfort & Fitting
These are technically 2 aspects but effectively they cover the same thing. We list all shoes stating how true the fit of the shoe is, both in terms of length and width. This is particularly key for players with narrow or wider feet than the normal person.
In addition to this, look out for the “Designed For” Feature shown in our description section, this will sometimes say “Comfort”. Where this is the case, it means when we've checked the shoes out, and the main strength/focus on the shoes is to provide comfort to the foot when playing.
3. How Lightweight they are
A lightweight shoe is great for players who need fast movement, however this often comes at a cost in reduced shoe support & durability.
On our product pages for Badminton Shoes you can see under the “Designed for” feature if it says “Lightweight”.
4. What Player level the badminton shoes are intended for
We list below each shoe the player level from 0-100, in a graph bar. Obviously if you're a lower level as a player you can still go for a higher level shoe. It simply shoes up to what level of player the badminton shoes can be used for.
5. Shoe Durability
Typically, it's the more you spend....the most durable the shoe is likely to be. Also shoes that state are “Designed For” “Strong Support”, will be more durable than a lightweight slimmer lined shoe.
6. How it looks
Obviously everyone wants to look good when playing.....this one is down to personal preference!
Full Badminton Shoes Buying Guide
Price Match Promise
It's this simple - Find it cheaper ANYWHERE else & we'll match it PLUS give you 10% of the
difference off in addition! Subject to conditions (see below).
So how does it work?
- Fill in the form and go ahead and place your order now
Important: make sure you use the same email for both the price promise form and your order.
- We'll email you after the order has been placed confirming the refund +10% the difference for
the price match, if there's any issue that comes up, we'll ask you what you want. Alternatively call us on +44 (0)2380 002388.
* By requesting the price request you have checked it meets the requirements below.
The boring conditions bit:
- Make sure the item being sold elsewhere is new and include a direct link to it.
- We can only price match other UK retailers. Inernational retailers can not be price matched.
- The item must be in stock and actively being sold.
- At our own discretion we can refuse to offer the price match. Where this is the case we will
offer you a full refund, this is rare, but there are exceptions. We will offer to refund the order in
full if this happens.
- The product is identical to ours in brand, colour, size and model number.
- We cannot provide retrospective price matching after you have already purchased from
us in the past, as we cannot verify if on the date of original purchase the price of the alternative
retailer you may ask us to price match with.
- Strings and Shuttlecocks excluded.
- Yonex products are excluded from this offer.