What do we do with the personal information collected?
The information used is send out your order. We will not pass your information onto 3rd parties or send spam e-mail. The exception to this being the delivery company needing your address details to send the items ordered. At no point do we keep any credit card information.
We may send out newsletters/facebook messenges occasionally or e-mail to let you know about our latest products and services, however if you do not wish to receive these you can unsubscribe easily.
We fully conform with the requirements of the Data Protection Act, 1998 and the new GDPR EU Regulations that have come in on 25th May 2018.
How we use your data and also protect your Privacy?
1. Our guiding privacy principles
We run an active newsletter & facebook messenger posts, that goes out most weeks. Our aim is to keep you up-to-date with all the latest news, products and special offers that we feel may be of interest to you, however if you feel you no longer wish to receive email or facebook message communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time.
We do not store credit card details.
If you would like to contact us at any time with regard to this Policy or its contents please contact: Badminton HQ, Unit 1, Greatbridge Business Estate, Budds Lane, Romsey, SO51 OHA
2. Disclosure of information
BadmintonHQ.co.uk can use your Data for any of the purposes disclosed in this Policy, or any other purposes disclosed in any separate communication.
In no case, unless obliged to do so by law, willﾠBadmintonHQ.co.uk sell, rent, lease or otherwise share your Data with third parties, unless you have provided your specific, positive and unambiguous consent.
3. What we use your data for
Data about you provided will be used for the purposes described at the time of collection i.e. for the fulfillment of orders should you need to be contacted with regards to an unforeseen issue or for newsletters/facebook messaging if you have chosen to receive these when you placed an order. However, when you supply us with your email address we will, in all of our communication to you, offer you the chance to opt in or opt out.
We do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (spam).
4. Opting out
You may at any time opt out of any BadmintonHQ.com communication. If you wish to opt out of receiving communications please follow the unsubscribe link supplied at the bottom of all our email communications or in our facebook messenger communications.
5. Maintaining the information we hold about you
ScooHQ.com aims to keep the Data it holds about you accurate and up to date. If at any time you want to verify, update or amend any Data we hold about you or if you become aware of possible errors or inaccuracies in that Data, please contact us on Sales@BadmintonHQ.co.uk
If you wish to opt out of further use of your Data for any purpose, please refer to Section 3 on Opting Out.
We conform to the requirements of the Data Protection Act, 1998.
BadmintonHQ.co.uk places great importance on the security of all Data supplied by customers. We have security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of Data under our control, to the extent where all credit card information is not even kept by ourselves but by our Payment providers - Shopify Payments, Paypal, Amazon Pay, Apply Pay or Klarna.
Please note that for security reasons we are unable to change the postal address after an order has been made.
We store the contract's content and will send you the details of your order as well as our general terms via e-mail. The details about your recent orders can be found in your customer login.
7. Cookies on Badmintonhq.co.uk
To help our website run the best for you, we sometimes have to put small data files on your computer, known as cookies. It basically helps the site remember your settings and preferences regarding how you want to view the site, including any items in your basket.
We also have a few 3rd Party Cookies on our site, these include:
- Youtube video embedded in pages, this is for the purpose of accurately tracking the number of views a video has
- Google Analytics is used by ourselves to help identify how to improve your experience using the website
- Google Ad Sense so that we can effectively show you relevant promotions and offers
- Facebook so that we can effectively show you relevant promotions and offers
No personal or specifically identifiable information for these cookies are collected.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish on your own personal device, see AboutCookies.org
8. Notification of changes
We reserve the right to modify, alter or otherwise update this Policy at any time and users are encouraged to review this Policy from time to time. Any changes to the Policy will be highlighted and the previous Policy will be available on request for at least three months after the change has come into effect.
9. What Information do we collect
- a) Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your first name, phone number and email address when you place an order. If you choose to purchase a product from us, our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information. Customer Data can be requested to be removed or changed from our database at any time by going to the "Contact Us" section of our site.
You can also update, correct or delete account information at any time by accessing your account settings page. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable amount of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud & abuse, analytics, satisfaction or legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have legitimate reason to do so.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your personal data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Most of this is covered in the cookies section above. Usage data, referring/ exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, device used etc may be gathered with relevant 3rd parties to help them and us understand the usage patterns to help us best suit your needs and those of our partners to do so also. Non-Personally Identifiable Information may be sorted indefinitely.
10. Data Retention
We only retain the personal data collected from a user for as long as it's potentially needed for warranty or customer re-ordering purposes. In our experience this can be for a period of up to 3 years, however if at any point you want it removed before then this can be requested as explained above. Billing information is retained for up to 10 years, due to the provision of accounting and taxation laws.