Seen it Cheaper? We'll beat it!
It’s simple, you find a product that we’re selling cheaper anywhere…..and in stock….we’ll beat it and discount it further with 10% the difference (Excluding Yonex products).
Go to the product you’re interested in on our site, and select the Price Beating Tab & simply fill in the form
Shipping again from The 28th
Head Heavy Offensive Smashing Badminton Rackets
Head heavy badminton rackets are most popular with players that want to be offensive and love good smashing shots in their rallies. These kinds of rackets are perfect for clears, smashes and any powerful shots from the back third of the court. Players of a higher level or that are aggressive on court will only go for a head heavy racket due to the extra power gained in shots.
Pretty much every brand runs their own head heavy racket series because of the popularity of these kinds of rackets amongst all levels of players, because smashing is part of the fun in Badminton. With Yonex these are known as the Astrox Series and the Voltric Series. With Ashaway it’s the Phantom Series. Victor run their Thruster of Rackets.
So why are they so popular? Well guys particularly love a good aggressive racket thats head heavy, because there’s nothing more satisfying than smashing through an opponent. The way a head heavy racket works is that the weighting of the racket is predominantly placed towards the head, enabling greater force to hit the shuttle and push into the shot with greater power.
One of the drawbacks of a head heavy racket can be however in the reaction speed, for change of quick movement in the racket head during rallies. This is because of where the weighting of the racket is being in the head. It takes more muscle to move the racket head than a head light racket.
Our top 5 of head heavy badminton rackets around would be:
- Yonex Astrox 99 Badminton Racket - a head heavy, accurate singles racket that’s perfect for attacking shots, used by Kento Momota.
- Victor Thruster Falcon F Badminton Racket - perfect for beginner players developing good technique.
- Yonex Astrox 7 Badminton Racket - A perfect beginner graphite head heavy racket.
- Yonex Astrox 88S Badminton Racket - The perfect aggressive doubles front court racket.
- Ashaway Superlight T5 SQ Badminton Racket - A lightweight aggressive control racket for all round play.